Thursday, March 13, 2008

Family update....

WOW its been a long time since I posted an update on us. Lets see whats happened in the last few months Kristopher finished up his season with the 8th grade basketball team. He did fine, he didn't get a whole lot of playing time, which he didn't really appreciate but oh well what can ya do? He started playing for another team which was made up of some of the kids on his school team. They did pretty well. They enjoyed themselves and it kept them busy for a few about 8 weeks. They just played their last game last week and they won so that was really nice!! It was actually a good game, it wasnt a blow away as some of their other games have been, some in their favor some not LOL.

Kristopher tried out for the track team part of last week and this week and found out yesterday that he made the team! He thinks he will be doing the hurdles. He actually went out for the team thinking he was going to do the long jump. He does really well considering he is 5ft and 93 pds he can jump almost 13 feet. But with kids twice his heigth they were able to jump further. He decided to try the hurdles one day during try outs and he remembered how his dad told him to do it (his dad ran track and has worked out with him on the track at the highschool) and he did that and was told by several people that he had really good form and that he did a great job. So he will most likely be doing that!! His first meet is the Tuesday after Easter. Dillon and I can't wait to watch the meet! The running that he will be doing during track will be great for him, he is trying out for the freshmen football team this summer. Yes you did read correctly up there he is only 5ft and 93lbs which leads his mother to a bit of a panic thinking of her baby out on a football field. I have talked him out of it until now, he loves the game and really wants to play. So I can't stop him anymore. I'm sure I will have many meltdowns through out the football season this fall. It makes my heart skip a beat just thinking about it right now!! I have friends that said they are going to go to the games with me so that they can be there to hold me down so I don't run to the field and embarrase Kristopher if he goes down LOL. What good friends I have :-)

And yes you did read that correctly MY BABY IS GOING TO BE IN HIGHSCHOOL!!! Wasn't he just born not to long ago? I remember it like it was yesterday.......theres no way he can be in Highschool already. I was in Highschool when I had him.....and that was just last year right?? I can't be old enough to have a child in Highschool!! My friend Kari and I had a realiazation the other night when I was telling her about going to Kristophers Highschool orientation, neither of us could believe that our little chubby blonde haired blue eyed baby with his adorable little bowl haircut was growing up so fast. It just doesn't seem possible.

He has a crazy busy summer this year. He only has ONE week when there is nothing going on. He is even missing Church Camp which is really bumming him out. He counts down each year until its camp time. I hate that he will miss it this year. He has summer school that starts June 10th and goes for 6 weeks. He is taking Auqatic PE and Health. They recommend that Freshmen take these classes to free up their schedules during their Junior and Senior years. So him and everyone I have talked to is taking the classes. He will also have Freshmen football camp for 3 weeks (3 or days each week) then he has a week off in August and then football starts. Busy Busy!!!

We have several birthdays coming up in the next few months, Kristopher will be 14 (AAAHHH 2 more years and he will be driving) on April 4, Kaitlyn will be 2 on April 23rd, and Dillon will be 5 on May 1. They are all growing so fast!!! Kaitlyn is just as cute and smily as ever. She LOVES her Uncle Cotton and loves for him to do their "trick" she watches Cotton swing Dillon in the air and just giggles and giggles so then she lays at Uncle Cottons feet and waits for him to pick her up and swing her too and giggles even more!! Its just so cute. And her favorite thing to do with Uncle Cotton is eat ice cream. The two of them can really pack it away!! She is such a cuddle bug especially after her naps she will just nestle up to you and just snuggle away. I don't get to have her like I do Dillon but we look forward to our days together. When her daddy drops her off she reaches right for me and gives me big loves, and then follows me all around the house.

Dillon is here 6 days a week pretty much all day, he is my right hand man. He was such a big help when I was pregnant with the twins (I was a surrogate for those that don't know) he would say "mimi I can help you" he is so smart and just so witty. Just always asking questions (which can drive ya crazy after awhile) wanting to know about everything and anything he can. He loves his preschool and can't wait to go to Kindergarden next year. He is worried he won't get there on time, because his dad has trouble getting up early LOL. I told him he would just have to live with me during the week. I told him since he is here all day anyway it wouldn't be much of a change!! :-) He loves his daddy so I dont know how well he would like that!! LOL His mimi is his most favorite and I'm sure he will tell you that too. LOL He loves coming here while dad works and hates when I can't keep him for some reason. We are going out of town next week and he really is concerned about where he is going to go and not happy with me for going away. Poor little muffin man. He has loved having me home while I was pregnant and now that I am off for the next few weeks. We have had lots of fun together playing board games, or computer games, watching cartoons, and the last few days going outside and playing baseball and at the park, and going on walks. One day last week and one day this week I went to school with him which he LOVED. He wants me to go everyday and doesn't understand why I can't. I just adore him!!

I delivered twins (two boys) on February 14th. They are beautiful and healthy!! You can see pictures and more details on my Surrogacy blog. http://misty-ajourneythroughsurrogacy.blogspot.com/ but other than that I haven't been doing to much. Getting my life back to normal and struggling to loose at least 20 more pounds, would like 25 or 30 but think thats asking a little much.

Cotton is working hard as always. Not home to much always in Chicago. We do actually get to see him all next week when we go to Oregon to see the twins for 6 days. So that will be great family time. The boys get to go to a Suns/Timberwolves game. They are excited about that. The girls are staying home and hanging out with the twins :-) Just where I want to be.

Well thats about it for an update. I will post pictures of Kristopher in track and then in football.

No comments: