Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving

Hello!! This is my first attempt at a blog!! My best friend has one and I thought with the family that we have everywhere this might be a good way to keep everyone updated on what is going on here in IL.

We got home last night after a wonderful visit with Grandma in Michigan!! We had a really nice relaxing time. No shopping this year! We had a great meal Thursday afternoon. I made for the first time ever dressing/stuffing. It was really good!! It was made from scratch and I was so proud of myself!! :-) grandma made a delicioius turkey and all the sides!! It was very very good! We went to the movies on Friday and Grandma watched Kaitlyn. I guess she slept most of the time we were gone. Then we went to Canada on Saturday. Grandma had a hair appt and didn't think her back could handle the drive there and back and then the walking so she stayed home. We got up and went to church yesterday and then came home for a quick bite to eat then we left for the LONG drive home. Kaitlyn did really good the whole time except the last two hours!! She cried the whole time. I eventually had to take her out of her seat and hold her the last 20 min or so of the trip. We just couldn't take the crying we all felt so bad for her. She was fine after I took her out. Kristopher was just sure we were going to get stopped by the police and taken to jail!! :-)

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and long weekend!! Here are some pictures of the trip! The one is of us in Canada with the Detroit skyline behind us.

1 comment:

The Dixons said...

Very cute! great job for your first blog entry!! it's addicting!!