Thursday, August 23, 2007

First Day of School

Well today was Kristopher's first day of school. How did this happen?? He was just a little boy holding my hand walking down the hall way to his first day of Kindergarden looking up at me and saying "mommy are you crying"? I respond "no, hunny I'm fine." (totally lying) He looks at me after a sniffle and says "yes you are, its ok mommy I'm only going to be gone for a little bit and then I will be home again". I smile and bite my toung so I don't REALLY loose it in front of all these other parents and we continue walking to Mrs. Lookers Kindergarden calss all the way at the end of the hall. We walk in and his eye light up with all the toys and books and all the activity centers. Mrs. Looker greats him with a happy "HELLO I'm Mrs Looker whats your name??" "I'm Kristopher", "Hello Kristopher you can put your stuff right over here and mom can help you find out desk". So we put his bag away and find his desk. He is so excited to have his very own desk with his name on it. He immedietly begins playing. I try and hang around as long as I possibly can. I become aware that I am the only other parent hanging around, so I assume thats my hint that its time to go. I squat down and tell him bye and hug him tightly while tears stream down my face. I assure him that I will be there soon to pick him up, "I know mommy, don't cry I will be home soon." I stand up walk out the door and since the door is shut there are several parents trying to stand at the door and look through the small window on the door. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I finally after 10 minutes walk down the hall to my car. Call my best friend and cry and cry and cry.

Here I sit 8 years later tears in my eyes after getting home from dropping him off for 8th grade. Of course this time I just had to pull up and he got out, no hug, no kiss, just got his bag and off he went. What happend to that little boy I walked down the hall to Kindergarden? He is still just as sweet, just so grown up now. His first day of school shirt?? When he was in Kindergarden it was a nice green and blue "church" type shirt with khaki shorts. Today look at what his shirt says!! If you can't read it I will post under the picture what it says.

Those of you with little ones enjoy then while you can, because before you know it they will be the big players in the school the top dogs the 8th graders. Next year...................... I can't even think about that with out more tears. The next time they are the top dogs in school they will be SENIORS!!! I can't even imagine that day. We were talking last night and I asked him if he was ready for 8th grade and he said yes and contiued to harrase me like he LOVES to do about how next year he will be in HIGHSCHOOL and then he will GRADUATE and THEN COLLEGE, laughing the whole time as I am hitting him telling him to be quiet! He thinks it so funny!! He will think its funny when I move next door to whatever school he thinks he needs to go too. I told him to pick somewhere nice I am tired of the cold!! LOL

So here I sit teary and anxiously awaiting the time to go and pick him up and here all about his day (or half day as it is today). We always go out to eat after I pick him up the first day of school, so I hope he is still up for that. He needs to at least give me that tradition right?? :)

So here are a few pictures of his first day of school. I take them every year. I will post one of his first day of Kindergarden as well. What a difference!! :-) He had to do a "cool" pose but then gave me 2 good ones too!! :-)
The shirt says "I'm not allowed to date unless your HOT"

4 comments:

Mama B said...

I love the shirt :0)

Mama B said...

I just noticed you live in IL I do too. Have we talked about this before? Not sure.

Mama B said...

I live in central IL about 30 min from Springfield.

Mama B said...

TAG you're it! Read my blog for details.