

1st day of Kindergarden 1999


1st day of High school 2008
I did much better than what I thought I would but it was still so sad to send my baby off to the big world of High school. I knew what would happen once he opened those doors and walked in. I remember my days of high school. I remember what kinds of things went on. I knew the things I did and what others did (kari LOL) . I hated to turn my son loose on all of that. But it had to happen sooner or later. I'm sure he will do fine! He's a good kid!
He wasn't overly thrilled with his first day. He was nervous when I dropped him off but came out fine and said it was pretty boring. So we will see how the year progresses! I just pray he does well in his classes and can keep up his GPA the next four years!!
He LOVES football and is doing well. He had his first game Friday night. It was a scrimmage between other team members. Its an annual game they play called the Purple/White game. I was a nervous wreck I squeezed my friends Dawn's hand I'm sure she had marks, and pulled on the back of my other friend Lori's shirt. Good thing it wasn't high collared or she would have chocked to death! (sorry ladies) Kristopher is playing WR and he was thrown the ball, caught it I screamed with excitement in the same breath he was tackled and I screamed with fear. He hopped right up (from what I was told I had my head down) and did just fine. (he held on to the ball when he was tackled!! Good job Son!!) I was so stinking nervous I totally forgot to take out my camera to get pictures. So all I have is a group huddle of them after the game. I will be sure to get more as the games progress hopefully I will relax a little. I love that he is having so much fun I want to enjoy it with him, its just a tad nerve wracking seeing these big boys running after your child wanting to take him down! :-) I'm sure other football moms know what I am talking about.

He had to get his hair cut for football so that's why its so short. He liked it better longer.

1 comment:
Yes, watching my son play football would have been a little nerve-wracking for me as well. Mine never did. Good for Christopher.
Post a Comment