Tuesday, November 18, 2008

After Surgery....and update on all the kids...

Brandy came out of surgery just fine yesterday. She has ALOT of hair shaved. I told a friend she had a BIG TIME mullett!! :-) All shaved from ear to ear about half way back then her long hair in the back. I didn't get a good look because I'm just not one that can handle "icky" hospital stuff very well.... its a big deal that I have even been able to handle going up there and seeing that drain hanging out of her head. ICK! She has several insisions a couple in her head and then one in her neck.

She was in alot of pain yesterday after the surgery. I left shortly after she got out of surgery to get back to work. Mom and Aunt Carol stayed and she slept for awhile. Today she slept most of the day. They talked about letting her go home today, but mom said she had something odd going on when she walked her to the bathroom tonight. She had some trembling in her arms. (that wasn't just being cold) And then she had some problems with her neruo testing tonight. Something with her legs weren't working right. Not sure what that was about but I'm sure we will hear more tomorrow.

The kids are doing well, they came over for awhile tonight to see Grandma before she goes home tomorrow. Kaitlyn was crabby mom said before I got there, but she seemed fine once I got home. Of course she ate 2 bowls of cereal and some of my supper. (she had already had McDonalds for dinner before I got home). She is suck a piggy! Dillon was having fun drawing whlie we ate dinner! He likes to spell words and write them out on paper. I think he feels older now that he can do that. He always asks how to spell something then if you help him sound it out he will do that and write it out. He's such a big boy!!

Kristopher made the Basketball team!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!! He was very excited as were we all!!! I know he will do just great!!! He has been practicing hard every day and getting all his homework done as well. Its tough being a big Freshmen!! :-) He is doing great in school this year too. He got his report card a few weeks ago and had all B's!! Most of you know he struggles in Math and he got a B in Algebra so it was a great boost for him!! Then when we had parent/teacher conferences last week we he had a 99 in Algebra, I about fell off the chair, I said Kristopher Lewis right???? LOL The teacher laughed! They already had 8 or 10 grades in the grade book and he had a 99!! I was SHOCKED!! I of course had to take him to the mall to get him something special!! I told him whatever he wanted!! Of course he picked some new video game that he wanted.

Sorry I'm not updating very often these days, my new job is getting me home late and I am just exhausted when I get home. I do have Friday's off now so thats nice but it always seems that I save everything I need to do until my day off so I still don't get to rest! Oh well! Not complaining it could be worse!! I'm just glad I'm healthy and able to have a great job!

I will put some new christmas pictures on here soon. I need to go shopping for clothes for all the kids first!! (not clue when that will happen) :-)

Love to all!

No comments: