Ok the first post is about my 14 year old and growing up. I just don't like it. Does anyone else fell like they just took their little baby to Kindergarden and you can still feel the feelings you had that day and now today when you woke up he is 14 and off to highschool?? Or is that only me the over bearing over loving mom?? :-)
Many moms tell me when I say that Kristopher can have lots of kids over "are you sure", " I would never do that", "WHY would you do that", "wow thats allot of kids" etc... I LOVE having the kids a my house, when they are here I know what the are doing, well for the most part LOL. I'm not strickt I don't make them come in at a certain time as long as they are in my yard and not disturbing the neighbors, but if they want to sit out on the swing and talk all night I don't care, if they want to wrestle and roll around pounding each other (as long as they are all playing and not getting serious) I don't care, if they want to make prank phone calls I don't care as long as they don't let the number show up on CID. Who didn't do that when they were a kid, (or am I in the minority?? LOL) If they aren't hurting anyone (they don't call people they don't know..well the do call hotels and make reservations in silly voices and silly names, but other than that they call friends) why not let them be kids?? I want them all to have good memories of growing up in a town that has NOTHING to do. I don't want them to be sheltered and feel like they have to bored out of their minds with NOTHING to do. And if its not hurting anyone go for it.
I'm sure there are moms out there appaulled but they are kids just having a good time. We all did it when we were kids and we turned out ok right?? :-)
Anyway back to my point, I love having the kids over the more the merrier, Kristopher always has a tun of kids over for his birthday and the boys always spend the night. (see his bday post in April). The other night I was at a party (scrapbook type thing) at a friends house, her and I and several other moms have kids that are all the same age and are all friends, there were 8 or 9 or them all together. Well after the party was over most of the boys came over to our house to spend the night. I think there were 7 that were here. I went to the store and grabbed some soda and chips since I was out and...well these are 14 year old boys we are talking about. :-) They ate it ALL and drank it all by the way! LOL Ok again my point is one of these days he is going to be grown and off to college, married and a family of his own. He isnt going to have friends over, there won't be a tun of kids running through my yard and the neighborhood playing manhunt (a big kid version of hide and seek LOL) there won't be shoes scattered in my front room from all the boys, there won't be kids asking for soda and snacks, I won't wake up to boys scattered in my family room in every nook and cranny they can find. I love it and I treasure each moment I have him home and each moment that he can make a memory.
The other day I took the little ones to the duck pond here in town. They loved it. Usually the ducks will come right up to you and eat and follow you around, but this time we went a little further down where it wasn't real easy for them to get up. This was planned since I had Kaitlyn with me and didn't want her freaking out with the ducks scattered at her feet. Having them in the pond below was close enough and they loved it. Kaitlyn giggled and Dillon was amazed at how fast they ate it up! We went again yesterday but forgot the camera. Kaitlyn wasn't with us though. This time they ate out of our hands and were all around us. Dillon loved that! I was supprised he wasn't scared!
Now this is for my mom and for a friend in Wisconsin that requested a picture of my new hair cut. I got it cut short about a month ago, I was scared out of my mind to go this short, but ended up loving it. Well I decided along with others who told me I needed to get the back stacked a little more so my friend/hairdresser colored and stacked my hair saturday. So here is the front, side and back. Dillon helped with these pictures so they might not be the best! :-)
Ok and here is post for the grandparents just a few random pictures from the past week or two. Of course only of the little ones because Kristopher just isn't in to me snapping random pictures him! :-) Dilly loves to take pictures, so the two of him are his own photography! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment