Monday, June 02, 2008

Our weekend of fun

We had a beautiful weekend and we were outside playing for most of it. We started out playing in the front yard with bikes and basketball. Then we talked Cotton into blowing up the pool that we bought several years ago and never use. So Cotton and Kristopher blew it up and cleaned it out then set it up in the back yard. The kids had a blast! We called a neighbor friend "little Christopher" as Dillon calls him and he came over and played with us.


I wasn't sure how Kaitlyn would like the water but she LOVED it, she even splashed around and would just giggle. The climbed all over the sides and held the hose up and squirted each other.


Kristopher even jumped in and joined them. Of course I think he had more fun harassing the little ones than anything!!


After our fun day in the sun and pool Cotton and I had to get showered and ready for a wedding. There were a few of us from our small group with church that attended. As you can see the guys were their normal selfs!! :-) (were we a little bored waiting for the food??) LOL These are friends that mean the world to us. I don't have family around here other than the kidos, and these are families that have become our family. I can't imagine what we would do with out them all. Our small group is such an important part of our lives. They are the type of people that would take the shirt off their backs for you if you needed it. God has really blessed us by bringing them into our lives. We look forward to seeing them all on Saturday nights when we all get together for fellowship and a devotion. We always have so much fun together!! The ladies are especially close and we all know that we are here for each other when ever any of us needs it. I am so blessed to have such good, loving, caring, christian women in my life! I wish I had a picture of all of us to share but this will have to do for now, I will try and get one sometime and post it so you can see everyone! Some of us are going to Women of Faith in a couple of weeks so I will post one of some of the ladies after that weekend!
Tom and Cecil showing off their mad skills!
Me and Cotton and Me and Melissa


Our dear friends Tom and Lori
and Cecil and Jeannette

Then today we went out to Cotton's brother Charlies lake and went shooting, I guess you would call it. Kristopher got a gun for Christmas and has never gotten to use it, so we finally got to get out to the lake and he was able to try it out shooting clay pigeons. Craig and Dillon of course came with us. I even tried my hand at it. Which I will NEVER do again. Why they would think that was fun I have no idea! OMGOSH it hurt SO bad when it slams against your body. OUCH! I have always been PETRIFIED of guns, so what posesed me to shoot today I don't know, but I did. I was so scared. It was SOOO loud!! Good thing Kristopher and Craig have a much better shot than I do. Cotton said its a good thing they don't depend on me to shoot an intruder (you will see what I mean in the pictures) LOL

Kristopher in the red and his friend Craig (my 2nd son as he would tell you) in the black




They had a great time and he was excited to try out his new gun!! Like I said they both did a good job!!
So that was our fun weekend! I hope there are many more to come this summer that I can post for you to see. Well for Grandmas and Grandpa to see, I know the rest of you could probably care less!! LOL

No comments: