It was just yesterday that we were staring in to the big blue eyes of that 8.10 oz baby. It was just yesterday that I was holding his hand walking him down the hall to his Kindergarden classroom trying hard not to cry because I didn't want to frighten him. His big blue eyes with his adorable little bowl cut looking up at me saying "mommy are you crying"...."no hunny I'm ok"...."yes you are mommy, It will be ok, I will only be gone for a little while"...I remember dropping him off not wanting to leave standing in the hall looking through the little window in the door, how had my baby gotten so big so soon he was already FIVE!!!
And here we are today, he is on his way to HIGH SCHOOL!! It just doesn't seem possible. We were at his Highschool orientation in Febuary and the teachers kept saying "its going to go by quick" "these four years are going to fly by" I kept telling my friend Sara I wish they would shut up I don't want to hear that its NOT going to fly by, he WON'T be out on his own in 4 years, but sitting here tonight I am realizing how FAST the last 14 years have gone. I can't imagine how fast 4 years are going to go.
I know some of you think I am a total freak and don't think its any big deal that your child is moving in into highschool or into Jr. High or whatever it may be, but to me I cherrish every mile stone, every thing in his life. I only have one child to experience this with and I savor everything with all that I have. I don't think I smother him, although he may say different, I really think for those of you that know me, I have backed away and cut the chord as you all have told me :-).
A mother's love for her first, her one and only child, is something that you can never compare anything too. My heart over flows with love for him and the joy he brings me in life is more than I could have ever hoped for!!
I became a mother very early but I wouldn't change it for the world!! God gave him to me when he did for a reason and I have cherrished and loved him ever since I layed eyes on him!! Here he is graduating from 8th grade.
These were taken before we left for the school.
Kristopher was totally annoyed with me by now for all the picture taking! And this was only the begining LOL
Getting his certificate!
With his buddies and their certificates!

2 comments:
Congratulation on Kristopher's graduation. My Allie just graduated 8th grade too. I have two graduated from HS and my third graduates from HS in Dec, with Allie in for 3 1/2 years by herself. It goes faster then the first 8 grades.
The biggest smile in all the pictures was the last one with the 2 girls!! Imagine that!?
Aunt Deb
Post a Comment