Mark (Kristopher's dad) LOVED Indiana Jones when he was younger, he passed his love for Indy on to our son!! Kristopher has dressed like Indy for Halloween and watches the movies on DVD over and over. He has been DYING for the new movie! He actually thought I should let him skip school tomorrow so that he could go up to his dad (he lives 2 hours away) so they could go watch the movie tonight. I said uuuhhh NOT!! I know mean mom! I would take him to see it but I'm not the Indy lover as his dad is so the rule (in Kristophers head) is that he HAS to see it with ONLY his dad for the first time!! He's said he would be generous enough to take me but only after he sees it with Mark first LOL!! Which if fine, its their special thing together. So off to his dads tomorrow and I'm sure to stand in line to see Indiana Jones!!
The story is captured MUCH better by Mark's mom, Marla in this article in the Springfield, IL paper. The picture to the left of the article is Kristopher about 4 years ago, there is one underneath it that is of Mark he is the 2nd one, he has a white shirt on.
http://www.sj-r.com/entertainment/x2118743212/In-praise-of-Indy-films
The story is captured MUCH better by Mark's mom, Marla in this article in the Springfield, IL paper. The picture to the left of the article is Kristopher about 4 years ago, there is one underneath it that is of Mark he is the 2nd one, he has a white shirt on.
http://www.sj-r.com/entertainment/x2118743212/In-praise-of-Indy-films
Kristopher sure loves his dad, they have a great bond and a great relationship. We might have had him alot younger than most, but I think we have done an ok job with raising him. He has turned out pretty darn good if you ask me! :-) He is his dad up one side and down the other. He will do or say something and I will just say "good heavens you are your father!!!! " They share a love of so many of the same things, Indiana Jones of course being one of them. They love what I would call those stupid, silly, movies, Kristopher can just watch them over and over and crack up at the same thing over and over!!
I wish I could see them together more, but I know the bond they have is strong and I know kristopher's love for his dad is like nothing I can describe. He loves going up on the weekends and misses it when its been awhile. He is so active in sports and getting to the age where there is always something going on during the weekends that he doesn't get up there like he would like, but when they are together I know they have a wonderful time!!
Mark has been a great dad and I am very proud of the father he has become.

1 comment:
Good to have a bond with your father. That is great.
Post a Comment