Holly had shirts made for us to wear out that night. They were really cute and hopefully got the point across that we wanted to make. The great thing about wearing the shirts is that while waiting at TGIFridays trying to decide if we were going to wait the hour and a half wait for a table, a lady came up and asked us if we had a website for information on surrogacy. It turns out her and her husband are not able to have children and have been exploring the idea of surrogacy. We gave her one of the websites that is very popular in the surrogacy world and Holly gave her her email for any questions she might have. It was nice to be able to help her out. She said her and her mom had just been talking about surrogacy and in we walk!! :-) Of course MANY people stared while we all walked in a place or by a table at the restaurant. I hate people looking at me so I didn't care for the attention, but it was good to get the message across in case there are people out there that would think that movie is realistic.
I have some pictures of all of us from the weekend!! And of our shirts!! :-) Thank so much Holly for opening your home and allowing us all to invade it!! You too Brett!! Sorry you had to put up with such crazy conversations from all us women!! LOL You are such a great sport!! And a good cook!! :-) This first picture from L to R Holly, Me, Kat, Melissa, Jackie
2nd Picture Jackie, Jen, Holly, Me, Kat, Melissa
Kat was smiling in this one LOL (she is the one with her back to the camera! :-) The back of the shirt says Surrogacy It's more than a silly movie .... Its a Miracle!! The front says Proud Surrogate Mother
These pictures here are funny because I for some reason could not get my eyes to stay open to get a good picture of me and Kat. I kept having them half open or all the way closed. Not sure what was happening but it was so funny we were cracking up. We were in the theater and I'm sure everyone was annoyed with all the flashes, but it was so funny. I took one with my eyes WIDE open because I just could NOT get them to stay open , and then we were dying laughing and Melissa snapped a picture of that, and then the last one is the best one we could get!! You kinda had to be there but it really was funny!
I also had to post about Holly and her addiction.... we think that before the end of the year she may need an intervention!! LOL I have never in my life seen anything like this before!! She tried to explain her addiction to us but we were all very confused!! I hate to call her out on a blog like this and expose her addiction to all the world but it just has to be done.....................................
SHE IS A COUPON JUNKIE!!!!!! Most people would not believe me so I had to take pictures of what all she has done with her addiction!!! It was unbelievable to me if some would have told me about this I would have never believed it was as serious if I hadn't see pictures!! So here they are! Its totally and completely amazing!! I am truly in aaawwweeee of what she can do with such little money!!! She seriously gets FIVE papers delivered every Sunday then goes to the Dollar Tree and gets 10 more. (her advise is the Chicago tribune is the best for all you fellow junkies or wanna be junkies) :-) She went this morning and bought NINE toothpastes and spent .23 cents can you believe that?? I took a picture of the receipt just to prove it!! Its just totally amazing!! I asked what in the world she does with it all and she sells allot to her and Brett's family and also has garage sales and sells it. So allot of the stuff she gets is totally free and then she can turn around and sell and make a nice profit!! She amazes me!! This first one is of her bathroom type bargain's, you will NEVER run out of shampoo or toothpaste at this house! The 2nd one is her freezer down stairs!! Her kids can NEVER say there isn't anything to eat!! :-)
The next one is her pantry off of her dinning room (for some reason I couldn't get it to rotate and save correctly so its sideways, sorry) then the next one is of her down stairs pantry type area, never run out of TP at this house!! Its seriously PACKED with everything under the sun. Kat said it reminded her of that special she saw on the Dugger Family, the ones that have like 17 kids or something and their pantry is just stacked full of stuff. The last pictures are of her deal from this morning on 9 toothpastes. You can see on the receipt what she pad and how much she saved. Its amazing! One picture I am missing is of the deodorant bag she had, it was FULL of deodorants. I asked Brett if he was really that smelly he had to have some many!! :-)




You know I love ya Holly!! I'm totally envious!!!


2 comments:
LMAO Misty, OMGosh, I've been outted!!
The only thing is, I really don't sell THAT much to other people - my SIL comes about once a month and my MIL came once to shop, LOL. I've given things to my mom a few times when she needed something I had plenty of (and I share coupons with her and my aunt now too!!) And I've also made big care packages for a couple of people for helping us with our house.
We've just had 1 garage sale so far too - and the only things I sold were the excess hair color, deodroant, toothpaste, pickles, mustard, excedrine, and bayer aspirin, and a few other odds & end items.
But as a family of 6, with 4 growing kids (3 boys!!) we really do go through the food quite easily on our own, as well as a lot of the toiletries, so I really can't sell that much or it wouldn't be helping us the way it does.
Put it this way....before (when I made good money!!) I spent $800-$1000 per month on groceries & toiletries, and all those items needed to be constantly replenished. Then when I quit daycare we struggled big time and barely had anything in our pantry or fridge, or medicone cabinet and it was rough!!
But now, I only spend about $250-$300 per month - for not only the things we NEED, but HUGE stockpile amounts of everything else you can think of too!
This whole couponing thing has been a complete blessing to my family, and it feels SO good to never want for anything!!
My husband's cousin is learning to shop in this way also and saving tons of money each week as well. This is discipline to do all this, but great when money is limited and it can be saved.
Post a Comment