Hi all sorry it took so long to update after my surgery, but I am doing just fine. I am still pretty sore, but otherwise ok.
The surgery its self went well they took me back right on time, the last thing I remembered was someone telling me that this mask will help you breathe easy during the surgery so take a few deep breathes, the next thing I remember was waking up and not knowing for sure where I was but my throat hurt horribly. I couldn't feel anything else painful but my throat. The surgery took around 2 hours and everything went smoothly from what Dr. Chadwick said.
That afternoon in my room I got sick I thought no biggie. Well I went to adjust my sheet that I had covering me up and I noticed my gown had blood all over it along with the padding on my bed. Cotton panicked (never seen him panic before in 11 years) and pushed the button to call the nurse and said "she's bleeding all over in here" and they came RUNNING in. We assume when I threw up the "glue" they use must not have held together real well. The nurse put some steri strips on and we were all better.
Not sure I told you what all the procedure would entail other than the hyst but I did have a sling for my bladder and some pretty good repair work in there. So because of the sling I had to go home with a cath bag. FUN FUN!!! NOT!! I had some bleeding still from my incision so I went in to see the dr. (mine was off Thursday so saw a partner) and he said that the incision was fine but was nice enough to take the cath out so I didn't have to come back up Friday morning and have it done. So that was nice.
I took the steri strips off my incision and cleaned all the dry blood up on Friday or Saturday and realized I had a disgusting protruding blood clot coming from my belly button. I knew it would be fine but everyone that saw it insisted I go to the dr so I did today and he said exactly what I knew he would its just a blood clot or hematoma and it will eventually fall off. He said after seeing it though that he thinks he will go back to stitches instead of the clue he had never seen anything like that before. My Aunt is always telling me I need to cut the chord with Kristopher (insuating that I am over protective....ME??? NEVER!!!) so I told everyone that they found the umbilical chord during surgery and cut it so now I just have to wait for it to dry up and fall off!! HA HA
So anyway that's my surgery story!! I am healing every day and getting back to normal. My SWEET DEAREST FRIENDS have taken such good care of me. A girl couldn't ask for better Friends/family!!! I have had a meal brought to me everyday since I got home from the hospital, a call from a handful of people everyday and or an email/text. I am so thankful for all of them!! I am truly blessed that God brought all of them into my life I don't know what I would do with out them all so here is a special
THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!!
TOM AND LORI for visiting the flowers and calling to check on me and for the wonderful meal you brought to us!!
CECIL AND JEANNETTE and BRITTNEY AND NIKOLE for visiting and the flowers and the 2 wonderful meals you provided, and most of all for praying with me and calming my nerves (even if you did wake me up at 6am HA!!) and to the girls for coming over and helping out and knowing I can call anytime and one of you will be here!
MELISSA AND KEN thank you Melissa for getting up so early to be there with us the day of my surgery and for being with Cotton while I was in surgery (even if you two did go on a date HA!!) for staying with me that afternoon, for the yummy meal and everything else you have done!
MELISSA C thank you for being there to take me to dr appts, for the meal of yummy pork chops, for checking on me and so much more!
JANNA thank you so much for the yummy chicken meal and the beautiful Daisy's!! The thoughtfulness meant so much!
TIM AND DAWN for the yummy pizza I think that was probably Kristopher's favorite meal!
CARLA AND BOYS thank you so much for taking care of Dillon for me, it was comforting knowing he was in good hands those days while I was in the hospital, I know he loves being there so thank you very much!
KRISTINA, PIERRE, GABRIELLE, PIERRE AND MASLIN thank you so much for the comfy jamies you sent. I LOVE them!! I love you all!!!
CONNIE thank you for the kind card and gifts it was so much appreciated. Dillon and I have been playing with all of them this week!
MIKE AND SANDY for taking time out of your busy days to come pray with me at home before the surgery and then again at the hospital after the surgery. Your thoughtfulness meant allot and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you for checking on me this week even after your new grandson was born! :-)
I want to give a very special thank you to all my small group ladies and Melissa C. you are all my BIG ( HA HA) sisters my family and I'm so thankful for all of you. Its so comforting to know that I have you all with in reach anytime. I never had a big sister and now I have to many to even count. So thank you so much, you all know how much trouble I have accepting any sort of help so thank you for not giving me the option of saying no thank you and just doing it because you know I'm stubborn! I love you all from the bottom of my heart and thank God each and everyday for each one of you!! I pray that I can bless you all one day as you have all so richly blessed me.
There are so many others that have called to check on me sent emails and prayers my way I want to thank you all even if you haven't been mentioned here your love and prayers have been felt. Thank you so much!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment